Americas Cup Columbia 1901 Med. French Finish
Dimensions: 32" L x 4" W x 35" H (approximately)
With the graceful speed of the waves, unbound freedom of the wind and winning spirit of her famous namesake, these model sail boats, of the Columbia racing yacht, will brighten any room. Sailing atop a shelf, mantle or table this elegant yacht model is the perfect highlight for an office or meeting room, bedroom or beach house.
- Authentic museum-quality scale replica of the real Columbia racing yacht
- Individual plank on frame construction of the hull using fine quality woods, with each plank and wood grain visible through the paint
- High quality craftsmanship and details, including:
- Increased details and items on deck compared to standard models
- Brass wire railing running along gunwales
- Clear window panes in all deck houses
- Lifeboats with accurate design and curved bottom
- Accurate scale of all deck and hull components
- Thick, sturdy canvas used for all sails
- Certificate of Authenticity
- Pre-assembled, simply attach the masts and display
- Sails and rigging already complete
Columbia was the defender of the tenth America's Cup race in 1899 against British challenger Shamrock as well as the defender of the eleventh America's Cup race in 1901 against British challenger, Shamrock II. It was the first vessel to win the trophy twice in a row.